Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:52 PM   #41

Ok... I am that latest last.. can seem to get to the computer of late my older son up from Missouri has claim the seat.

I work with fibers I have been using a drop spindle to spin up the two large bags I have dyed a rainbow of colors with some other ends off the floor Loom which I save all the ends for using for such. I as well add in some sparkling man made fibers which is white and call Foxfire. so I have some very mixed up looking mass of fibers that are needing to be spun. I have my loom getting dressed for a blanket that my son is wanting to have before he goes home I am almost done with warping that in cotton threads. So Spinning and weaving . Reading was a favorite past time in Wyoming. I still read just not as much. it puts me to sleep now days. Sewing is next. doing quilt blocks as well now days. I can make rag and braided rugs as well as loomed.
I make home made items to add to the store bought ones for decorations at Christmas....using natures gifts... Sticks are made into stars with a bit o' hot glue and spray paint and ribbons.

I love working in my garden thought this last years was not so good.
I happen to have a messed up yard at this time and getting cleaned up so I can replant some trees and flowers is a day by day happening. Yard work never tires me but I sure can feel it. I do all the cooking and baking around this house even if they do not like what I fix.. cause they would rather have it out a box... I love putting up the berries veges or fruits and any meats .. though there is no hunters or fishers here...

Photography is what I do when I get out of the house or when I have completed one or more projects... If I have a chance to go hunting or fishing I'd do that.. I love target shooting... some thing some poor fellow would not like if they knew my shooting capacity with either a shot gun or rifle.... I took a corrections officers training but never pursued that as a job...while in the training had to do 8 hours behind the gun and heck the guys would really hate me if I were to have gotten a job and had to use the rifle or shot gun... I have showed off range during a time of target practice that I can manage better than the guy I live with... and can skin a hunt just as good as any one that has done it more than me.. those are what I do.. Life skills for survival.

I can read music and play my way the organ...Piano... I use to play a clarinet back in grade school. Would like to pick up the Sax and gain that one day... but I think I may not be able to blow as I use to.... due to my lungs getting weakened by the frequent colds that I get yearly.

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Oct 31, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:52 AM   #42

Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Yep that would help Les. Maybe the comp's abit lower than it used to be also
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:26 PM   #43
Default Lots of interests few hobbies

For me I am a gadget guy. Love looking and using gadgets. I could say camping and water stuff but I only do those three four times a year so calling it a hobby would be a stretch.

The biggest thing I do is collect music. I love to find and digitize rare music and share it with others. My latest find is an album by Siegel/Schwall called RIP on the Wooden Nickle Label. No longer in print. Just love it. Takes me back to my younger days.
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote