Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 30, 2010, 4:37 AM   #11

#1 reflection for me. That Katydid looks like she got out of bed this morning with exercise on her mind.........looks like she has put on her best leaf print warm up suit!
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 8:32 PM   #12

Mole, You never fail to amaze me on the quality of the photos you post!
These are just beautiful!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:25 AM   #13

Beautiful landscapes mole, I wish I could get up early

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:11 AM   #14

the second reflection of leaves, to answer your question : ) i like the ripples in it, and that it is slightly darker than the other two.
all of the misty landscapes, but especially the first and the third. can i request an email copy of that first one as a birthday present for someone??? it looks like something out of a fairy tale, at the very beginning, as they are setting the scene for everything to happen, and are just panning the countryside. (i know, that probably doesn't make sense, i think i just mean that it looks magical.)
i also like how the light hits the little wispy seeds in the last two shots. very pretty.

ps. i love frogfish's idea of making your family books for christmas
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:04 PM   #15

The leaves over the lake and the smoky mist over the mountains are my favorites. All that beautiful work with a basic K-m - see, it IS the photographer, not the camera!
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:18 PM   #16

A lovely series! The katydid is very good, and I always enjoy fungus pictures. Thanks for sharing your beautiful area with us.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:30 PM   #17

The first tree with the water reflection is my choice.

But, my favorites of the series are the misty ones. All of them. I can't decide on a favorite.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:37 PM   #18
Super Moderator

the whole set is really nice mole.

but i just had to comment on the misty morning shots. these are gorgeous i love the layered look, and using a mid-tele fl stacked up the elements nicely. i really liked the 2nd one and the last one in the portrait orientation.

of the reflection shots, i preferred the last one. the elements are a little close together and the portrait orientation works nicely with the vertical hanging branches.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:38 AM   #19

Wizzard - Thanks! I do have a habit of focusing on the details - glad you enjoyed those details...

NMR - So glad you enjoyed them. We have some great landscapes in NE TN!

Frogfish - Thanks so much! Can't make them much bigger and still fit into the size limits of the forum. You'll just have to come out here some misty morning and see them life size!! PS - nice idea about the book, will have to look into that...

Bock - She seems to wear that suit fairly often. It was better camouflage in the summer though...

Vole - Thanks as always for your helpful and specific comments. Send me an email about that photo you wanted...

Biro - So glad you enjoyed these. Yes, I suppose the K-M is a basic camera, but it seems to do all I need, and is so far superior to my last camera - a canon powershot s3.

Harriet - Thanks so much!

Patty - Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the mist and reflections.

Dustin - Thanks for your kind words, and very helpful & specific comments!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:53 PM   #20

Hi mole,

Great set!!

I agree with Hards about the reflection shots, and prefer #3. I was drawn to #2 because of the added contrast with the ripples, but the portrait shot is, IMO, the better composition.

I have to be jealous of the mist and the mountains -- you probably show more differences in elevation in each shot than there are in my whole state. . .

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote