Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Default Lou and Patty's trip to through New Hampshire

Sorry this has taken me so long to get together. With my downed immune system I have ended up with a cold that's had me down for a few days.

Anyway, here are a few of the photos taken by Lou and me when we went wandering around New Hampshire a few weeks ago. The first two are Lou's, the last two are mine. More may be seen at http://nhmom50.zenfolio.com/upnorth

I've added little comments at the zenfolio site about each to let you know whose images are whose and a little bit about where they were taken.

Last edited by nhmom; Oct 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:19 PM   #2

Wonderful series...!

Take it easy and hope you feel better soon...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:35 PM   #3

Thanks for sharing. The fall colors are splendid. The train trestle over the river is my favorite. Looks like you had a crisp, clear day to bring out the best in the autumn colors. Here in northern NY, we've lost most of the reds and oranges in the last couple of weeks. Mostly brown, with a little splash of yellow here and there. And snow reportedly on the way tonight.
tundraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:57 PM   #4

Patty thanks for the fine job putting this thread together. It is even better to know that you are recovering from your virus and felt well enough to take up the task.

In looking at the pictures taken at the trestle bridge I like yours better as you had more downstream water showing than I and it gave the picture more energy. It was a beautiful spot.

I must say it was a fun day and we did indeed wander a bit.

Again my thanks to you for making the post.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 2:09 PM   #5
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice to see you around the forum Patty, and keeping up with some photography as well. Beautiful Fall colors...in KY we've had such a drought that the leaves have just turned brown and fallen. Love the image with the white picket fence--nice composition.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:35 PM   #6

Hey Patty,
So glad to hear you're doing better. You remain in my prayers.
These photos are gorgeous! What a beautiful place.
I really like the shot with the old buggy.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:35 PM   #7

These are great photos patty! Looking at these, you might get the impression that New Hampshire is almost as beautiful as Vermont! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist a snarky comment!)

I'm glad you're recovering Patty. I know have seen how a difficult it can be to recover from a mild cold in your circumstances. My wife is currently going through mild chemo treatments that don't suppress her immune system too badly. But six years ago, when she went through a much more potent form of chemo, a simple cold would knock her out for a month or more.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:41 AM   #8

ooooooh! these are so pretty! i love the first waterfall and the second one with the white fence.
i'm sorry you are feeling sick eat some chicken soup and snuggle in some blankets. perfect for this time of year anyway
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:59 PM   #9

Fantastic news, Patty, it's great that you were feeling up to a photo tour... hopefully the first of many in the months ahead.

Can I ask which lens you were using for the shot of picket fence running down the hill? I think that shot is my favorite.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:09 PM   #10

Glad to see you posting more regularly. Wish i could have joined You and Lou in your Adventures.
All the Shots are fantastic

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote