Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:41 PM   #1
Default When will accessories become available for the K-r

i just bought a Pentax K-r. It was released just a few weeks ago.
Battery grips, extra proprietary batteries, and the AA adapter have not been released yet. (there are a few other little random things as well that are not supported by the K-r)

How long does it usually take to come out with accessories for a camera?

Thanks for any info you can give me,
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:39 PM   #2

good question, i cant speak from the camera industry but I believe sales as a whole, the 3rd party companies arent able to release stuff early due to monopolism. (I forget the actual term) Many companies have been fined multi millions in the past for giving certain companies an early release to develop accessories for their product upon being bribed money.. I would believe that pentax itself is rolling out the name brand accessories as soon as the numbers of items made are sufficient to release to distributors, but it will probably take quite some time for 3rd parties to develop their own models.

I know this doesnt answer your question, Im curious myself, though I dont own the camera. I will be buying the kr or k5 sometime after xmas hopefully, tax time being the latest
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote