Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:03 PM   #11

I hope you enjoyed the show ! We went as a family to see him in Shanghai (ticket prices were around $100 per person and we were up with the Gods but still had a great view of the garden gnomes on stage, well that was about the size of them) - excellent concert, unbelievable energy, a long long set (nearly 2 hours), he puts these young bands playing 40 minute sets to shame - he rocks !

I hope you don't mind me posting a couple of shots I took in this thread ? And a double faux pas I'm afraid as they were taken with a Sony HX1 *bows head in shame*.
Attached Images
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC

Last edited by Frogfish; Nov 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:35 PM   #12

Nice photos and what nice security people!

The last time I took a "proper" camera to a show featuring a mega-star was waaaaaay back in about '73. It was David Bowie at what was then called Wembley Arena. However, I was so far from the stage that they looked even smaller than this -

However, last year I was going to a gig (Edgar Broughton Band; you have to be of a certain age!) and I emailed the band to get permission to take photos and they said yes! Also did the same when I saw The Quarrymen. It's quite nice when security says "You can't bring that camera in here" and you respond "Oh yes I can and here's my permission"

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:14 AM   #13

mole-thanks, yeah i was being a bit jostled as i took the pictures, and i was trying to use the railing as a tripod, so... lots of blur. but it was fun : )
Frogfish- thanks for sharing your photos as well! yeah, his was the longest concert i think i have ever been to. started at 8 sharp and we weren't out of there until after 11:30! he has crazy energy!
Kieth- thanks, that's a good idea! i'll have to remember that next time i'm really excited about a show!
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote