Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:56 PM   #11
Super Moderator

You can always "dabble" back in when Pentax introduces their mirrorless cam since it will probably be a new mount like all EVILs anyway :P
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:37 PM   #12

Hi Jehan,

You've been a great contributor here and your posts will be missed. You've made some friends here, and the brand of camera you shoot doesn't change that.

Best wishes for future success in your photographic pursuits.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:09 PM   #13

The part of the camera world that argues over gear is silly to say the least. My photographer friends own all kinds of different brands and we rarely discuss "what camera are you using." What lens for what shot and techniques, both shooting and processing, yes. In the end, it's whatever works for you and your pocketbook can afford. Good luck and good shooting.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:12 PM   #14

As others have said, you have to go with the camera system that works best for you. I have learned much from your comments and I'm sure others have too. I hope you'll check in here regularly and comment.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:18 PM   #15

Sorry to see you go. But, you know you are always welcome to come back and visit. We're going to miss you.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:52 PM   #16
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Wow...all of you are making this hard on me (in a good way!). I have learned much from sharing my images within the Pentax forum. Unfortunately, the Nikon forum on Steve's tends to focus on problems with gear and other technical issues. This forum on the other hand is more of a show and tell and learn from each other forum. Which is precisely why I'll plan to continue hanging out here. I believe the Pentax and the Olympus forums are the only two that have such a friendly and loyal bunch! Truth be told, I hardly visit the Nikon forum at all.

Thanks for all the nice things said...actually I should be thanking all of you for making me a better photographer. I appreciate you letting me hang out here even though I don't own any Pentax gear any more. I will miss being able to post images here though...let's see how long I last

p.s.I like Bluenose's idea to use some black tape with Pentax written in white taped over the Nikon name
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:47 PM   #17

While I love my Pentax gear, I'm well aware of it's limitations. And if those limitations finally get to you, it's time to change. I think Pentax has addressed the noise issue with the K5, but think the AF might still be behind. And besides, Nikon has much better flash capabilities. So enjoy your new equipment and have a great time expanding your capabilities as a photographer.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:18 PM   #18

ha we dont give up that easily
a few pokes with the soft cushion will soon have him changing his mind
and failing that there is the comfy chair (insert jarring chord here)
i bet you didnt expect that (insert cruel leer here )
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:47 AM   #19

Jehan - so glad for all the images and good advice you have shared here. Whatever equipment/tools you use, you will produce great photos! Hope you will continue to "drop by" again from time to time...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:42 PM   #20

Go with what works best for your needs. But don't be a stranger here, I'm sure people here would still like to hear from you and see some of your latest photos. Your still part of a friendly community in my opinion, no matter what gear you are using.
PPG Page
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote