Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:19 AM   #11

I waited 4 years to buy a next body and it was the K-x with the already faster AF, that made me think, that Pentax AF was better now. Since then I read more tech stuff and followed the K-r and K5 announcements. All the new stuff and the good image quality in the last two cameras are really something - although I still see prices to high for average/good equipment (cameras, lenses mostly) compared to Canikon, which sells masses and thus can lower prices.

I know how a 50D with battery grip feels and handles and oh boy - if the K5 was like 850 EUR with kit lens I would have ordered (plus battery grip of course).

And yes, I voted for the new cams as I feel for Pentax this is a real innovation. Other brands just filled gaps in their product lines.

Next step for Pentax: reliable tracking AF and 14+ bit D/A converter plus better highlight processing (shadows are quite good already) without loosing detail. This is another 4 years or so I'd say until they manage it. Oh - and DON'T sell cameras with front focus! Darnit! First my DL2 and now my K-r! Grrrr....

Hm, I lost track. Sorry.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote