Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:29 AM   #11

Very nice story & tour !

I like the baseball, 2nd dog and heron pics the best.
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:47 AM   #12

Looks like you had a great day off! Thanks so much for sharing the fruits of your snow day!! (It also looks like your favorite lens was not damaged by the little fall...)

Some really interesting views - the fountain photos full of amazing patterns, the great lines (as always for you) of the bridge, and such a cute expression on the puppy. I think your white balance was best on the baseball statue - it is so hard to get snow photos exposed & balanced correctly.

How close were you to the Great Blue Heron? He/She sure did pose nicely for you! Was that with the A 70-210 lens? Mine has been a fun/challenging birding lens that seems to work best in bright sun...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:09 AM   #13

Having lived in the south, I know how just an inch puts everything at a standstill. I've got 13" now and it's still snowing now. Your snow came our way.

Nice shots. It is hard to shoot snow and not blow out things. I like the bridge ones best I think.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:51 PM   #14

Very nice series! It never surprises me that cities that don't get snow every day don't have the ability to clear the roads. It does look like you've been using your unexpected days off productively, that's always a good thing.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:37 PM   #15

Nice diverse series! I love the one of the dog wrapped around the pole. Dogs just can't resist this practice.

Your snow reached us yesterday, thanks for sending it along.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:32 AM   #16

GW: hahaha, Yes! that makes me happy
firefly and zombz : thanks! yeah... i actually ended up getting the whole week off. in chattanooga, it's not so much the snow that freezes everything up, as the ice. because, underneath all that pretty snow is a layer of ice that gets thicker every day. and, yes. our road crews probably should invest in a little salt...
frogfish: thanks!!
mole:thanks! yeah, my lens was fine. i do have issues figuring out white balance, especially as it seems to change depending on which lens i have on the camera. the heron was on the top of a little walking bridge, i'd say i was about ... 20 (?) feet away from the bridge when he (or she?) noticed me and took offense to my presence
Patty: thanks! and i hope that you are keeping warm in all of your snow!
mtngal: thanks! and it's because the city doesn't think it is worth it to spend money on good plows and salt, because a snow like this only comes every few years.
keltech: haha, yeah, my friend thinks that that dog is smarter than he is, and decided that we should just wait for him to figure out how to untangle himself and, your welcome for the snow. i want to see your pictures of it now!
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:13 AM   #17

Great series,

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote