Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:28 PM   #11

Love watching the world go by through your eyes, such a fascinating place you portray with your photography. I love ice breaking up and the color in the sunset shots. Very beautiful.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:00 PM   #12

Still finding ways to express yourself differently, and outdoing yourself again and again. You see photographic opportunities where others do not - and tale the best advantage of them when they arise. Very nicely done.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:13 PM   #13

Great pictures you do have talent and the eye of an artist.

Looking at you pictures tells me I've gotta get out with my cameras...I've getting cabin fever.

It's been alternating between snowing to insufferably cold out here...-33 is the forecast low for Tuesday...a few hours before the forecast was -35 for Tuesday...so maybe we're going to have ourselves...a heat wave !!

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:42 AM   #14

wow. i love them! that first mist rising photo... i don't even know what to say about it. lovely. and, the last frozen lake photo (right before the trees) looks like the ocean. interesting. but, the frozen one right before it is my favorite of all of them. the color palate is so interesting: all those grey-blues and whites, with just that pop of pale orange in the corner. i know you can't control the colors that are there, but you captured it nicely. and, the patterns in the last sunset photo are very interesting.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:00 AM   #15

GW - Thanks so much!

Jehan - You are too kind!

Hans - Thanks for your kind words!

MtnMan - Yesterday was rainy and nearly 50 degrees. Expecting more snow by the weekend! Hope you are surviving the cold well!

Lou - Have you heard the joke about ice fishing and keeping your worms warm??

Harriet - So glad you enjoyed these!

Penolta - Thank you so much!

Les - That is some heat wave!! Keep warm!!

Vole - Thanks so much for your kind and helpful commentary!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:22 AM   #16

Mole your pictures are always great and keep getting greater

Thanks for posting

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:27 PM   #17

this is a fine series! The mist shots (first 3 and last 2) are wonderful in their own special way - technically it isn't easy to photograph mist anyway and it reminds me a bit of a melancholic/sad movie.

#4,6,7 tell a different story, clear, cold and ... well... "silent".

#8,9 is a nice pair of pictures, they have something in common and are completely different on the other hand.

I noticed a certain postprocessing "style" in your images, always "to the point", clear, sharp to say so. I am curious - any special workflow/tool you use?

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:06 AM   #18

Ronny - Thanks so much for your very kind words!

Th - I appreciate your helpful & specific commentary - thanks!

To answer your question - no very special tools/worksflow in PP. Usually use either photoshop elements or Gimp. Use a little curve work when needed (Grant's Tools allows curves with Elements), sometimes some denoising with Noiseware plug-in, sometimes a little sharpening of main subject if needed. Would rather spend more time out in the field with camera, than indoors with computer!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote