Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:21 PM   #11

That's a whole bunch of snow, Scott! Glad I'm not there, or if I were, that I'd have the ability to stay home. It's no longer exciting/a challenge to try to go to work after driving over roads that are icy and so snow-filled that the Wrangler gets stuck just outside the driveway. I'm much less inclined to challenge the closed interstate.

I am wondering how our friends down in Queensland are fairing about now. Hope some of them check in soon, it sounded very scary down there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:10 PM   #12

You folks have reminded me to keep things in perspective. There's no question that dealing with this snowstorm is nothing in comparison to what the folks in Queensland have to contend with. Indeed, my thoughts and prayers are with them as well.

However, for those who are curious, here's what my part of Vermont looked like just after the snowfall ended. The first pic is the table and chairs on our back deck. It will be quite a while before we can sit at that table enjoying a warm spring day! The second shows my backyard shed capped by more than three feet of snow (about a meter, for our friends who use the metric system). Yes, I know, I need to finish putting on clapboards up to the peak! The third shot shows a portion of our house, also with a bit more than three feet of snow. I only have problems with ice dams and water leaking on one section, and I'm glad for that, since raking the entire roof would keep me busy all winter long! I should mention that not all this snow is from our most recent storm: there was already about a foot of snow before this latest storm arrived.

I hope all my friends in the northern hemisphere are staying warm and dry this winter, and I pray for a quick recovery for the people in Queensland dealing with the devastation caused by the typhoon.
Attached Images

Last edited by mtnman; Feb 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:39 AM   #13

Indeed many prayers for all affected by the fierce weather systems recently...

We in East Tennessee are enjoying a rather mild week, but some show & ice predicted for the weekend...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:08 PM   #14

Wow, all I can say is stay safe you guys!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote