Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:50 PM   #1
Default K-r

I just picked up a Pentax K-r two lens kit with the 18-55 and 50-200 Pentax lenses. Also included in the purchase was a camera bag that holds easily the camera with my Sigma 18-125 lens mounted and the Pentax 50-200 lens. Also my Canon pocket camera fits in the bag beside the Pentax lens. The bag also holds my two battery chargers and spare memory cards and batteryís. The deal also included two 52 mm UV filters and a 4 gig SD card. The price was $749 with no tax. I picked this up in St. Thomas so also no shipping. Iím sure the price will drop as time goes by but not a bad deal as I have seen the camera with just the 18-55 lens at this price range.

As for the camera this is an upgrade from my K 100D. I have had only an evening or so to play with the new camera and right out of the box with the Sigma lens I see faster and more accurate focusing. Iím not yet sold on the LCD info view having had my 100D since 06 and being quite comfortable with the top mounted window for shooting information but I am sure I will adjust. The camera is solid and additions like the Live View, 12 MP image sensor, Dust Cleaner along with the 3 in. LCD makes this one a winner.

Has anyone else picked up this camera and if so what are your thoughts?
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:57 PM   #2

Great deal!...congrats on the new camera..I am wanting to read other's comments also because I think one is in my near future,too.I am still busy comparing the x and r but am leaning toward the r.
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:29 PM   #3

Congrats on your new camera - I think you are going to love it !
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:30 AM   #4

I toyed with buying one, I really like the color choices. While I've had Pentax cameras with top monitors, I found the extra information on the LCD really, really nice and once I got used to the K7's interface, wouldn't mind not having the top monitor. However, I ended up buying the K5 instead.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:07 PM   #5

Congratulations rritter!
Now lets see what you can do with it.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote