Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:33 PM   #21

ooh, flowers! i like the first bloodroot better, the colors seem more natural, and help the flower to pop more in the photo. i LOVE the toads!!! especially the second and third one. I may need copies of those photos : ) those ones seem to have just a little more personality than the other ones. also, the last trout lilly. lovely.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:33 PM   #22

They look like cane toads, which are a poisonous pest here, great shots though.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:45 PM   #23

I LOVE those flower pictures- all of them, I can't pick a favorite! I think they are some of the best flower pictures you've had this year. I guess the Rue Anemone, Trout Lily, and Toothwort (wait that's almost all of them :-P) are my favorite of those. They are so detailed and clear and I know how hard it is to get good pictures of those little Toothworts.

The toad pictures though are amazing!!! So so cool that you all were there that day!! Wow. And you really captured it well.

haha, great technical/helpful criticism today. But I really mean it!!! :-) :-)
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:22 PM   #24

Scott - Indeed amphibian calls are MUCH easier to learn than birds - differences are obvious, and there are far fewer species. Will look forward to seeing the fruits of your amphibian-watching!

Vole - Thanks so much for your very kind, helpful & specific comments! We'll see what we can do about the toad photos...

Rodney - Cane toads are a non-native species in your area, hence the problems they cause. These are a much smaller species called American Toads, which are native to our region. They are mildly poisonous to eat (just ask my dogs...), but definitely very useful in controlling insect pests.

BlueSky - So glad you liked the flower photos - it's been (and continues to be) an amazingly good year for wildflowers (you'll have to come visit soon and enjoy a good wildflower hike!) And yes, we were indeed blessed to be at the right place at the right time to see all the toads. I heard one lone toad calling at Fall Creek earlier this week.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote