Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 3, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Default Foliage Over Technology and new...

In my silver efex thread, Paul suggested getting closer to show the foliage overcoming technology of my pipes and valves scene. So yesterday lunch, new toy in hand, I went out to see what I could make of it. Here's the results:

Then, since I have the new toy, I figured I'd try to find other targets of opportunity, to see how it handled different situations. Here's a couple of flowers. It's not a macro lens by any means, but it does well enough for larger flowers with a little cropping.

I'm really impressed with the color and contrast.

It acts more like a wide angle lens than the DA 35 macro does, which surprised me. Bet you can guess which Disney movie is coming out this month:

Of course, the usual first shot of my coffee mug. It's looking pretty worn now.

There's a certain amount of CA when wide open (goes away when stopped down by f2.8), and dof is small. But I'm going to have great fun with this lens.

I guess eventually I'll take some comparison shots with both the 35 and the 31, since they do overlap quite a bit. But not for a while, I want to spend a while just getting to know my new friend. I was prepared to be disappointed, to find out that all the talk was just hype, but I was impressed. Not sure these pictures do such a beautiful lens justice - the color, contrast, and that indefinable something makes this lens live up to it's reputation.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2011, 5:09 AM   #2

Congratulations on your "new toy" - looks like a great lens in some great hands!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote