Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 21, 2011, 4:16 PM   #1
Default son's Wedding

I have not been active recently, guests coming and preparing for my older son's wedding kept me from my usual activities. The wedding was being done on a budget (smart of the bride and groom) and I was recruited as photographer. This was my first and hopefully last wedding as photographer. The date was Friday the 13th (couple met on a Friday the 13th). The couples dogs, Whippets, were the ring bearers. It was tough conditions, outdoors in a public park with a notary public doing the vows. The wedding went well and the newly weds are just back from their honeymoon at a bed and breakfast in Ashville North Carolina.

Attached Images
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2011, 10:27 PM   #2

Great photos Ed. I have never done anything more than take some casual snapshots at a wedding. It must have been very trying to be the father of the groom, and the official photographer. Congratulations also to the happy couple. I hope they enjoy many years together.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 3:50 AM   #3

1. Congrats to the newly weds ! May they have a long & happy marriage.
2. Great, fun, idea of having the Whippets as ring bearers - hope that went well !
3. I personally think weddings are a huge waste of money (I am romantic - honest !) and should always be done on a budget - there are far more important things for newly weds to spend their money on.
4. Fun shots - hope the couple appreciated your efforts !
5. 13 is our (wife & I) lucky number too as a recurring number for important events in our lives.
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 8:21 AM   #4

Can't imagine trying to do all that you must have done - way too much stress. I agree that weddings are the last thing I'd want to try photographing.

These are nice pictures, LOVE the ring bearers, what a great idea! You seemed to have handled the light quite well. The last one is so funny!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 10:40 AM   #5

I know what you mean by first and last wedding....LOL....but the pictures you posted are wonderful.

Technically very well done and the subjects..... the lovely Bride and Groom....look very relaxed, natural...not stilted, awkward or obviously posed.

Congrats to them....many happy years.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 5:19 AM   #6

Belated but heartfelt congratulations to the couple (and to the Dad/photographer!)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote