Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 26, 2011, 6:15 PM   #11

I am always impressed by the variety you have - for me it is the same old, same old. . . .

Well photographed as always. How dod you get the Emperor to sit still while you placed the penny?
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 3:45 PM   #12

Fantastic series Mole, just wonderful, so enjoyed that ride.

On another note : where is everyone on this forum ? It can easily go 24 hours without a single post now.
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 3:51 AM   #13

I'm with Penolta, stunning images, also cursed with the lack of variety and abundance that you seem to enjoy!
Pentax K-7
Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 10:29 AM   #14

Great series Mole,

seeing as many different ones in a day would be great, but living in a mostly urban environment I'm happy of finding some.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 4:59 PM   #15

Penolta - we are indeed blessed with amazing biodiversity in the southern Appalachians. Glad you enjoyed these! Hackberry Emperors are rather tame 'flies, and often will land on sweaty people as well as damp gravel. The penny was just a nice bonus!

Kevin - Thanks for your kind words - glad you liked these. I know what you mean about the quiet forum. I posted two batches of photos about a week ago (Waterfalls & frogs from Virgin Falls, Orchids from Holston Mt) and got no comments at all! Of course, it is the beginning of summer vacation season in many places...

Tachikoma - East Tennessee sure is a rich place for many species. Hope you'll get to visit sometime! Of course you (and Ronny as well) sure do make up for your lack of "bug" diversity with your amazing skill at photographing what you do find!

Ronny - Glad you enjoyed the diversity!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:48 PM   #16

These are just awesome!!!! I would have to say my favorites are the Calico Pennant- I don't know if it's just because it looks so different from the others or what. But it seems you really captured her "personality"(dragonfly-ality?) from the way she perches, especially in the ones where you can see her eyes (cool eyes!!!)

I also really like the butterfly in the second-to-last photo- can see well the velvety texture of the wings.

Oh and that poor ladybug, with hardly any spots to call her own haha
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:25 PM   #17

BlueSky - Thanks so much! Calico Pennant is indeed a unique little 'fly. Too bad she did not stick around - have not seen her since that day...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote