Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:06 PM   #11

Mole, you have an amazing variety of wild orchids in your area. the only one we have here (that I know about) is the Pink Lady Slipper. I've never seen such a remarkable abundance of wild orchids. I also prefer the HDR version of the rainbow, and since I have never successfully done an image using HDR, I cannot offer any suggestions on how to improve it.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:42 PM   #12

Harriet - Thanks for the input & suggestions for the rainbow - I am still very new to the HDR method, and will play with it some more as time permits. To answer your question, I do not own a graduated ND filter, just a polarizer. But it is possible to "mimic" the grad ND in PP - add a layer, fill with a grayscale gradient, set to overlay, and then fiddle with the percentages...

MtnMan - Glad you enjoyed the orchids. We are indeed blessed with amazing biodiversity in the East Tennessee hills. Just spotted another orchid while leading some children on the trail today. A rather common one here but still nice to see - called Green Fringed Orchid (aka Ragged Fringed Orchid).
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:35 AM   #13

i feel like all i'm saying to all your photos is "ooh, pretty!" but, these are so pretty too! I love the detail of the false wild hellebore. so lovely.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote