Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:41 PM   #11

A news posting from Adorama indicates that Ricoh will retain the Pentax brand and market (some of?) its own cameras under the Pentax label. I can envision the new CX5 or one like it as a Pentax. See /steve's review* of the previous CX4 for a rave review of an excellent sophisticated innovative compact camera (the CX5 has only relatively minor but significant improvements, mostly related to HD movies and a new high resolution mode). See Ricoh's web site for details of both cameras, which are otherwise identical and deserve more attention than they have gotten.

Presently Adorama is Ricoh's sole distributor in the US, but a few other outlets carry them - the CX4 can be had at a significant discount from B&H (black model only - other colors are higher).

* http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...x4-review.html
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.

Last edited by penolta; Jul 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:43 PM   #12

OK, here is a bit of interesting info for what its worth...
The new "digital press" as its called, that I now operate at work has two logos. one is Ricoh and another is Canon. T make matters worse, the service tech told me the machine itself was a joint venture between Kodak and Heidelberg. Go figure.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote