Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:05 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I love film though, I bought a super-zoom with manual functions then a Pentax K1000 to move onto "proper" photography before I bought my K10D and still use film to this day. I have about 19 film cameras and have one in my camera bag at all times. One thing I have noticed though is these days, I tend to go for "safe" shots with my film cameras. I'm not sure if it's due to the cost or lack of convenience that film offers, but I'm less creative, probably because I am spoiled by the instant return of digital photography now.
I think you hit it right on there. The instant return of digital photography. I agree, it's nice that you don't have to wait to see how your photo turned out. I dunno, we'll see how things go, but I have been wanting to try my hand at film for so long and now I have the chance. Maybe I'll even get into some IR with this on film, since I can't really do it proper with the K20D.
PPG Page
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:26 PM   #12

To be honest it makes me sad that we will probably be done with film in the next 5-10 years. I made a point of buying my niece a disposable film camera and telling her she only had 24 shots "and that was it" and she did make more of an effort with her pictures on a school trip compared to when she is playing with my phone camera or K-7.

I scavenged 2 free cameras on the weekend that had film that expired in 2003, and I'm saving those for something special, not sure what yet, but we will see. How weird it is that we/I look forward to something that has "gone off" and long to experience the results of the unexpected and indelible compared to the instant auto-perfect mode everyone expects.
Pentax K-7
Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote