Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:33 PM   #11

Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Thanks Harriet,

I had the same feeling about tc's before I got the k5. When you add a 1.4 or 2tc you are loosing light, and doubling the focal length. What would mean you have to turn your iso 4x up to get the same exposure with double the shutterspeed.

With the k20 I didn't wanted to go above iso400. Got some great shots above it but I never felt good.
Now with the k5 the 1600 (and above) is usable... what is already 4x higher.

If you still have the 2x you might give it another chance.

Like Harriet I had just about given up on TC's, but your words make me want to again try my Sigma TC's, especially since I just found my "long-lost" 1.4X. I had thought I had laid it down during a lens change and lost it.....about three weeks ago...I found a coat that I had forgotten and was getting it ready for cleaning and found the 1.4X in an inside pocket.

Now I can't wait to try it.

Really liked your shots, particularly the cormorant.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:59 PM   #12

My 2X TC became an extension tube years ago, it's far more useful to me that way. I'd like to get another, good TC some day, now I'll consider a 2X. Before now I wouldn't consider more than 1.7.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote