Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:24 PM   #21

G'day ff

It certainly is with say, wedding 'togs ... you don't want to pp a hundred images to delete the same dust bunny
Otherwise it's camera-club types who are pretty serious about their "stuff" and also have experienced judges spotting a dust bunny that they're missed before exhibiting ... so they get a 2nd body and leave their fav lens on each body

To me it seems that they a) lose some of the functionality of the SLR, b) they might as well have a fixed-lens superzoom, but c) they got 2 lenses with the original purchase, so by getting a 2nd body it looks all the more impressive ... !!

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:06 PM   #22

I know what you guys are saying, but I think for the Italy trip the 18-135 will be fine. Were trying to cram a lot into this two week trip, and not having to worry about lenses sounds good to me. Plus I will only take that one lens which will lighten the load. When I get back, I will practice changing lenses on the fly, but right now I just don't feel comfortable enough with it when I'm rushed. Just have this low noise sensor is the real reason I went with the K5. Noise bothers me to no end. I also love the fact that it has pixel remapping. I'll get use to the lens deal soon enough. Right now I'm just having a blast.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote