Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:07 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Did you get the weather sealed version of the lens? If so I am interested in how you feel it works in not so perfect weather as I may get one in the future for that reason.

Yes, I did get the WR version. So far the few tests I have done, I'm very pleased with this lens. The lens is very compact, focus is fast and accurate, super sharp in the center with acceptable softness in the corners on my copy, and extremely quite. Love the range. This is the perfect walk around lens for me. Didn't know they had this lens in a not sealed version.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:22 PM   #12

Thanks for the info and to be honest I am not sure if their is an unsealed version of the lens or not myself. I was just making sure you got the same lens (which is sealed) that I was looking at for future purchase to use in rain showers and snow. You could have alsways gotten a third party 18-135 that was not sealed....... At this time my Sigma 18-250mm is the perfect walk around lens for me as it has all the rang of view and zoom I have needed so far. The lens you got would a little short for what I do but to have it sealed would be a plus and maybe make-up for the lack of a longer zoom.

Let me know how it works out for you when you've had a chance to shoot a few hundred images with it as well as shot in some snow or rain showers.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote