Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:07 PM   #11

Sad news. A good person who reached out to help others. She'll be missed.
Canon S95
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:53 PM   #12

I agree, sad news. She was so patient with me as I struggled with flash photography, even complimented some work that I would not publish at all now. Very classy person, interested in guiding beginners to a new level and giving them self confidence along the way. Had no idea she had such an admirable history.
Lawrence Culbertson
Sequim, WA

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:29 PM   #13

Don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said, sad news.
Pentax K-7
Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:29 PM   #14

A great lady who was so helpful to so many. We should definitely keep her husband, and all her family & friends, in our prayers...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:52 PM   #15

I just now saw this news and would like to add my voice to those who will miss her contributions. Sarah was one of the first persons to aid me on Steve's in the "What Camera Do I Buy?" forum when I was first getting serious with a quality P&S with which to shoot my son's wedding. I hate to count the number of times she offered me advice in this forum and others. She will be missed.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:36 PM   #16

I've just read this and feel quite shocked. Sarah certainly impressed with her wide knowledge and helpfulness, but I hadn't realised how accomplished she was in so many fields. I hope her widower reads this thread, and understands how much she was appreciated.
Canon 5D & 7D (both gripped), 24-105L, 100-400L, EF-S 15-85, 50 f1.8, Tamron 28-75, Sigma 12-24, G10, A1+10 FD lenses, tripods, lights etc
peterbj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:56 AM   #17

She sounded like quite the lady and had had a wonderful interesting life.My condolences to the family.
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:06 AM   #18

.......Her bio has shown that she had a very fulfilling life. And certainly her presence/guidance in this forum helped a lot of newbies. I am not into flash photography at all. But still I picked up a couple of tricks from her.
May her R I P

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:01 AM   #19

I've been away on business for a while and haven't posted lately... what a shock upon my return this weekend. Truly, our little community on Steve's is diminished by Sarah's absence. She was an impressive woman and we all can take comfort in that she lived a long, interesting life that was highlighted by more than a few noteworthy accomplishments. Farewell, Sarah and Godspeed.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:50 AM   #20
Default Farewell My Friend

Sarah will be missed by me very much. She was informative and also in my case commented on quite a few of my posts.
What an amazing life she lived. I no longer shoot Pentax but I do visit here to see the wonderful stuff posted here and missing some of the regulars here and seeing how they are doing.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote