Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:47 AM   #11

Wonderful pictures of a truly beautiful lighthouse and scenic place. I visited here 10 or 12 years ago when my wife and I drove up the Pacific coast to Seattle.

You captured it perfectly.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:20 PM   #12

Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Les - not surprising you thought about Hitchcock - his movie The Birds was filmed not that far from here (23 miles straight-line distance, 50 miles driving distance). Bodega Bay, where it was filmed, is probably lost in the haze in the first picture - it's not far from where the northern-most part of peninsula ends.
It did all seem a bit familiar even though I've never had the pleasure of visiting Northern California. Thank you for explaining.

I've often thought that if I do have the opportunity to see Northern California it would be a lot of fun to take some pictures around some of the areas that have been featured in films.

Some of areas I would like to photograph would be natural sets from some Hitchcock films...as you mentioned The Birds....also Vertigo...with Jimmy Stewart and some of the Eastwood Dirty Harry films....also can't forget whatever the roads were in Steve McQueen's Bullit.

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:49 PM   #13

That car chase scene with Steve McQueen was wonderful, great shots of San Francisco. There's nothing quite like driving those streets, even at slow speeds. And worse if you are driving them in a manual transmission car (I did that once).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote