Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:07 AM   #11

lovely picture that really capture the spirit of the performances

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:50 AM   #12

Thanks all for the comments

Originally Posted by simowills View Post
What's the story behind #5, birds on the hat etc?

Well, I think it's only playfullness. He's playing the recorder part in "Fairytale of New York", which finished the show.

Originally Posted by danielchtong View Post
I guess it was the fast 85mm which excels in such low light demanding situation. The 8th & 9th images stand out given the fast pace of the subjects. I can imagine that I would have had very few keepers.

Well, my wastebin got it's fair share as I went through the images as I came home after the concert. I sure wished some of the dancers could stand still for at least 1/100 sec once in a while. I've edited the original posts with exif data for each shot.

Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Really lovely series - bet the children will love them. Only C&C I'd give is to watch the cropping in a couple (#3 & #4) to avoid cutting off bottoms and faces !
There are pros and cons with using primes. Framing people jumping around on a scene becomes difficult. There are a lot of even worse images in the bin. Thanks for the remark, though, it's always good to see one's pictures through someone else's eyes. That's how we help each other to improve.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote