Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:15 AM   #31

Ang yet another for StevieRavOn

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:11 PM   #32

Stevie's and Keltech's are original, imaginative and technically excellent, and it seems to be a run-away win for one of them, but like a salmon swimming upstream,I am going to go against the flow and vote for Mole's RR tracks, as the classic example of the perspective that you expect to see.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.

Last edited by penolta; Feb 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:51 PM   #33

I enjoyed viewing all the photos. My vote is for Frogfish's skyscraper photo. Amazing subject and photo.
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:24 PM   #34

Hmmm - I'm having a tough time trying to decide between Stevie's fence and Mole's tracks (though all of the pictures fit the topic this month and all are excellent), they are my two favorites. Mole's tracks because (as Penolta pointed out) it's classic vanishing point and the picture is well done. Stevie's is a more unusual topic, but if you look closely at it, there's the vanishing lines of the sidewalk as being the classic vanishing point, along with the more unusual vanishing point of the fence. I love the black and white conversion also. Composition is absolutely my weakest area, so I'm probably way off-base on the next comment - but I think in some way the picture isn't balanced. That's both an advantage and a disadvantage - it adds interest, it's different, makes me look twice, but it gives me a feeling like the right side is too heavy. I'm not sure what I'm talking about and suspect that those who know more about art composition will tell me I'm way off-base (and that it's the picture that should win), but that's how I (emotionally) reacted to the picture. When I take all the pieces separately I should love the picture. But today I feel like going with the safe, calm, tried-n-true and I'll follow Penolta, my vote goes to Mole.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:03 AM   #35
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Ronny's "Light Festival in Ghentt" for me...nice pespective, lighting, and color.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:16 PM   #36

StevieRaveOn has captured the real essence of the topic.
Riverview, NB, Canada
Current equipment
Pentax K7, K5, K3:
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-PM1, E-PL1, E-P2, E-P5: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:31 PM   #37

Lou's (Keltech's) entry has captivated me for the entire month. I agree that all entries were excellent, and several were beyond excellent, but Lou's gets my vote.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:55 AM   #38

For me Mole's railroad tracks best show a classic vanishing point and it gets my vote.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:40 PM   #39

The minute I saw what Lou (keltech) had posted I knew I loved it for this topic. The way I see it, you have the vanishing point of the vases going back and then inside each vase you have the reflections of the other vases.

There are many others that have caught my eye and it's been a hard decision, but I'm sticking with Lou's shot.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:51 PM   #40

Well, we are coming to the end of another contest and the end of the day, at least here on the east coast of the USA. At this point StevieRaveOn has a two vote lead. Unless there are some of you who want to do some late voting, Stevie will be the winner. I'll check tomorrow and see if there are any more, otherwise Stevie wins.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote