Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:29 PM   #11

All the pictures are what I'd expect from you, Harriet. Well composed, sharp and crispy. But the one that catches my interest more is #2, the flamingo. Shapes, patterns and colours makes an appealing combination at the same time as the picture forces you to look twice to identify what it is. For the wall!

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:32 PM   #12

As always - really enjoy your photography. #3 and #4 are great to my eyes. Thanks for sharing -- hope your back feels better.
Pentax K3 ii and Pentax K-1
Various Lens

Pastorbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:55 PM   #13

Great shots Harriet, I haven't been to the zoo with a DSLR and the only time I have been to the San Diego zoo was in the 70's with film, and I don't remember much. Thanks for posting

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:18 PM   #14

Thanks for the compliments. My favorite of this series is the sleeping flamingo (#2), though I thought the fur of the sentry meerkat (#3) came out nicely, as did the fur of the Koala (#1). The Panda is probably not far behind. Interesting that so many liked the elephant - I thought it was a nice picture and what's zoo pictures without an elephant (#4), but didn't think it was exceptional. I thought the funniest picture taken the whole day was the last one - Dan has a sense of humor and often spots things like that when I miss them entirely.

P.S. Forgot to mention - I think the DA*60-250 would be a great zoo lens, at least at this zoo. It would probably get you close enough but would allow you to take something other than portraits.

Last edited by mtngal; Jan 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote