Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:35 PM   #1
Default Firmware update ver 1.12 for K5

Not sure if anyone realized or not, but it seems there's a new firmware update for the K5. I finally got around to downloading my first one for the K5 this weekend. It's up to ver. 1.12. Seems it was just posted this month.

The most recent ones all seem to affect the GPS feature. But, you never know what other tweaks they may have included.

If anyone else downloads it, I'd be curious to hear if the reader light stays on flashing after the "complete" appears on the screen. I left mine running for an extra 10 minutes after complete appeared and finally just turned off the camera. It seems to be working fine.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:58 PM   #2

I'm still using 1.03 but I suppose I should upgrade to this new one. I didn't upgrade to 1.10 because I figured that it would drive me nuts to see the GPS menu item and know that I couldn't use it. I've never left my camera on much beyond when I notice the "complete" come on/flashing - I've always immediately turned it off and switched cards to make sure the camera was working. Never noticed the reader light at all.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote