Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:55 PM   #11

Harriet - yes, I do know what you mean that you don't think in video. Having not had it since we lost my p&s in 2004, I keep forgetting I have it, too. It wasn't until later in the day I even remembered I had it.

Brian - Thanks for the comments. I did like that last photo. It's a little busy, but it just was so colorful. And, thanks for the tip on Freemake Video Converter. I will go check it out.

mole - Thank you also for the comments. It was definitely a very action packed day. At one point I had a front row position to get head-free shots, but it didn't last long until they started shooting the firecrackers and my legs felt like I was being hit by bebe's. It was wild! I've used Irfan View since the beginning. Never realized it did video. Will have to go check out the webpage, though. My current version doesn't want to open the avi files.

Keith - Thanks. I know the second photo isn't so sharp, but I just loved how I caught the kids mid their moves. And, the expressions on their faces when they were done (shown on the zenfolio page). The 18-250 has certainly come in handy. I bought it about three years ago. I love it when there are times I'll be in crowds (like this day) and not comfortable changing lenses with all the commotion. Plus, you have the flexibility of getting the close up shot, then immediately the zoom shot across the street. And, the K-5 certainly makes more keepers on the zoom shots.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:42 AM   #12

Patty, Sorry about being so late posting. These are great captures of a fun day we had together. It sure was loud and colorful but I have to confess that the Chinese food we had was the highlight of the day.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote