Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:07 PM   #1
Default Build-In Flash and 35mm F2.4 Lens

So, I just got the 35mm F2.4 Lens and I was out shooting at a birthday party over the weekend. Since there was not enough light, I turn on my build-in build and it just way over expose. Does anyone know why?

I set the Aperture to 2.4 and just turn on the flash. I thought that it should automatically turn down the flash if it is too much light.
raylee011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:05 PM   #2

I put the 35 f2.4 on my camera and shot a few. If you used AV mode to set f2.4 it should have worked as the camera will adjust the ISO, but If you used manual it could give you the wrong exposure. Manual will default to the last ISO you used the last time you shot in manual. I set the ISO to 3200 and the flash overexposed all the shots. Setting the ISO 400 the shots were ok. Just looked in the manual, it's a little vague but it seems the internal flash output in manual is full power always.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:

Last edited by hnikesch; Mar 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM.
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote