Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:26 PM   #11

Originally Posted by mole View Post
Last year's spring bloom season was a record for abundance and diversity here in East Tennessee. And it looks like this spring will be another great blooming season!

Have been down many trails recently, checking on bloom times and locations. Here are a few samples.

Bloodroot has sap that's red as blood, but the flowers are pure white. It's a lovely native member of the Poppy family, but the blooms only last a few days. (Any preference among these different DOF's?)
As usual a great "trip" through your part of the country. As to the four views with different DOF, the fourth (bottom) one works best for me. I like the single blossom isolated with the out of focus background. In the first three the out of focus flower in the background seems, to my eye at least, a bit distracting.

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:12 AM   #12

Nice shots Mole, of the Poppies I also like the last one. The 3 barns I like the middle shot best. Looking forward to spring in Michigan, should be early this year

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:26 PM   #13

Nice barn shots and wonderful spring blooms!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:32 PM   #14

Nice series! I don't think we'll have much of a wildflower season this year - it's been warm and fairly dry. I had noticed some early flowers already starting to bloom along the Gorman Hills and had thought to spend some time this weekend trying to find them. However, the weather isn't cooperating - I've been taking snow pictures today.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:05 PM   #15

What a delightful series. We're having unseasonably warm weather up in New England, but your spring is still well ahead of ours. Your grass is starting to green up nicely. And your blue skies are stunning.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:48 PM   #16

Penolta - Glad you enjoyed the headstones - indeed some fascinating stories. There are a number of old family cemeteries nearby, will try to remember to get a few snapshots for you...

Bluenose - Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Hans - Glad you enjoyed these. Hope you are enjoying springtime soon!

Lou - Thanks so much!

Harriet - Sure sounds like your region is having less than ideal wildflower weather!

MtnMan - Our spring is definitely progressing rapidly! Wonder what summer will bring...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:19 PM   #17

Well done Mole, as usual. Regarding the side-by-side shots of the red barn, the colors on the right one are more appealing to me.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:32 AM   #18

Hi Mole. Great sets of photos showing a beautiful part of the world as well as your talent. I prefer the photos with the 24-35mm lens except the grave set where the 15mm lens makes an advantage of the headstone up near to the camera. Thanks for showing.
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote