Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:44 PM   #11

G'day Lou

Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
... Phil - my primary lens was the Sigma 150- 500mm. The other most used lens was the Tamron 18-250. I had two 16GB San Disc Extreme cards one in each camera body (K-5 & K-7). I used a 10" HP notebook (10"x7"X3/4") and each night like clockwork I downloaded all the pictures (all shot in Raw) into it. It has a 130 GB hard drive. I then copied all the pictured to a Western Digital 500GB mini hard drive. I then formatted the cards and was ready for the next day's shooting. Lou
Very helpful info & Thanks mate

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:54 PM   #12

Wow! Just awesome! That Sigma sure looks like an awesome lens, one I'm seriously considering. Keep posting pictures like this and I won't be able to resist much longer (well, I got a new RRS catalog today and there's a number of things in it I want. Sigh! too many wants and not enough budget). Add on to all that being able to do a trip like this - double sigh! Guess I'll just enjoy your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:42 AM   #13

I've love reading through your series Lou. Love the prologue here too - sets the scene.

Excellent series, I like the last two the best. The elephant herd with that great scenery in the background really puts the herd into perspective.
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:20 PM   #14

mtnman - Glad you are enjoying Africa through these photos. A map will be includes with my next post on Amboseli NP.

mtngal - With your 365 project and work to boot I admire that you can keep up with it all. Just throw away the RRS catalogue you will be able to narrow your choices. Go for the Sigma 150-500!

Kevin - Glad you are enjoying the narrative. The parks are all unique and I enjoyed learning some of the history and facts as much as I did taking the photos.
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:16 PM   #15

Wonderful and diverse photos - thanks so much for "bringing us along" on this great trip!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote