Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 2, 2012, 2:23 AM   #11

Thanks everyone for the great comments,

@Hans, no it didn't survive, I always have a few plastic containers with me (with a hole in the top) to carry anything (some insects) I might find interesting home, so after it dropped over I put in into a container, and it never moved.

@Lou, the first shot was about 40cm the others around 4cm. But then it didn't move.

ps: what concerns those plastic containers, I keep them only till I get home and can take a few shots of them (outside), anything that crawls gets released (locally - or in a small park on the other side of the street (ex: larger spiders)) - anything that flies ...
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 3:55 AM   #12

Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
Ronny, back in the cold war days we, as children, were taught in school that when we saw a bright flash to "duck and cover" . They were referring to a nuclear blast(flash of light), and we were to get under our wooden desk to cover up and prevent (supposedly) damage to ourselves. A completely ridiculous and worthless action if you ask me. Maybe this wasp had some of the same training and the camera flash triggered his response.......
and he's just waiting to be released before springing back into action. Watch your backside Ronny
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 12:11 AM   #13

Those are some incredible shots of an incredibly ugly insect. I knew they would be when I saw the subject and I was somewhat delaying looking at them. Had to steel myself to look at what reminds me of a horror movie. But technically they are just awesome, the stacking worked really, really well and you can see an incredible amount of detail (too much for me, actually). Well done!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote