Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 29, 2012, 3:00 PM   #11

I had stuff like that on a forum I run, I had to set all user registrations to be approved by admins, and we would check their IP for country of origin as we were getting a lot of Indian and Russian SEO companies and just the usual pr0n spammers.
Pentax K-7
Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 8:09 AM   #12

Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Did you use the Whole Disk option when you got to a screen with that option on it, as suggested in the thread I posted about recovering images?

Note that it tends to split up the recovered files into multiple folders, too (so make sure to look in all of the subfolders it put the recovered images into).

It's not unusual to see both thumbnails and full size images recovered. So, make sure to look through all of the recovered images. I'd be very surprised if photorec was not able to recover all images that haven't been overwritten yet from most modern cameras, shooting raw or jpeg. But, note that sometimes it will show a .tiff extension for raw files (just rename them to the correct extension for your camera (.cr2, .nef, etc.) if that happens, and then your raw converter should be able to open them).

Were the images jpeg or raw? What camera model was used to take them?
You are right-really didn't know what I was looking at since it was my daughters card. Both the thumbnails and full files are now on Snapfish-she is using my old Olympus C8080 which she has absolutely no clue how to use.
Thanks again.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote