Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:51 PM   #31

Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I'm in good shape....Pentax bodies and lens wise. At this point I don't really need anything else, but I'm considering another Limited lens, having been very impressed with my new(er) Pentax 70mm F 2.4 Limited.

I have this lens and recommend it highly.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:28 PM   #32

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Dave - it looks like they tried to address the 2 biggest complaints - AF and LCD. If they did so successfully, it will be a very nice camera. The only real problem is if Canon and Nikon release new bodies to replace 7d, 60d or d300, d7000. Then, things could look bad relative to the competition. What is interesting is the press announcement from Ricoh calls them flagship models - which should help dispell talk of a full frame camera for this year (whether that's good or bad depends on who you ask )
The biggest issue with the K-5 is the know synch issues with hot shoe/speed lights mounted on camera. They don't fire properly etc. There are many videos on yputube about this and several articles about the know issue. I had a pentax spedlight-flash and when I set it up on the K-5 it would not stop firing in any mode when I took an image or would not fire at all. Nothing in-between like its supposed to work. ended up with an older manual type Vivatar flash that works 100x better.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote