Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:27 PM   #1

Default Autumn Scenes

I'm slowly working through a huge backlog of photos from this bright autumnal season here in East Tennessee. It will be several weeks before I have time to PP and post some of the best autumnal views from a number of mountain hikes. But here are a few lower elevation shots.

Autumn is a busy time for nature education in the parks, and I am on the bicycle a lot, traveling to nearby schools. This means many opportunities to enjoy roadside autumn views.
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:30 PM   #2

Cool, still damp days make for some fine reflections. Here are reflections of sunrise on the lake, and autumnal trees on a large puddle...
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:33 PM   #3

Autumn is the ripe season - summer's sun distilled into autumn's harvest. This year's seed harvest is excellent - which bodes well for all the seed-eating creatures. For example, here are some Common Milkweed and Swamp Milkweed seed pods, beginning to scatter their ripe contents.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:36 PM   #4

Much of our region is in transition from rural to suburban. Autumn seems the appropriate season to notice this change...
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:38 PM   #5

Hope you enjoyed these little glimpses of East Tennessee autumn. Thanks in advance for any comments, critique and suggestions.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:35 PM   #6

Lovely! I am so jealous. Its been so dark when I get off work I havent had time to enjoy my favorite season.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:49 PM   #7

I adore the water reflection shots! But all of them are wonderful. I have to work hard at finding autumn colors around where I live - most of the native trees are conifers, it's mainly trees that have been planted in people's yards that turn beautiful colors. I envy you your awesome views.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:49 PM   #8

gorgeous photos Mole. They're all great, but the water reflections and the milkweed seed pods are my favorites. The sharpness of the seedpods is astonishing. What lens did you use for those shots?
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:21 PM   #9

NMR - Between the time change and the lengthening nights, evening light sure is in short supply. Hoping you'll have some time to get out and enjoy soon!

Harriet - It sure is amazing how different the landscape is in our different regions... Hope to have some more autumn scenes ready to post soon.

MtnMan - Thanks so much! Reflections were taken with the FA 50mm macro, and seedpods with the FA 100mm macro. My two favorite lenses lately - sturdy construction, excellent color, and nice and sharp.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
gorgeous photos Mole. They're all great, but the water reflections and the milkweed seed pods are my favorites. The sharpness of the seedpods is astonishing. What lens did you use for those shots?
I ditto Manxmanís comments. Were the reflections as shot or was there some intentional camera movement in order to introduce an impressionist look to the image. Whatever it was I like the shots a lot!

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote