Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 12, 2013, 3:26 PM   #1

Default Be prepared!

Had a little excitement last night. About 10:30, I happened to glance out the window and there was a raccoon staring at me from the feeding station (right in that fork in the branches)! Stupid me had taken the batteries out of the speedlites! After fumbling around for eternity (I don't know why flash mfgs can't make it so the batteries all go in one way!), I stealthily opened the door for a couple of shots. He was gone in a nano-tick. Fat raccoons can really haul ass! I'm ready for him tonight. I have a wireless rig duct taped to the window (no glare that way)! heheheh

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:07 PM   #2

Sorry I've had lots of problems with raccoons. If it was me it would be a 22. $1000's in damage and a nasty nasty cleanup, they are not my favorite little cute critter.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
Sorry I've had lots of problems with raccoons. If it was me it would be a 22. $1000's in damage and a nasty nasty cleanup, they are not my favorite little cute critter.

Hans
Sorry to hear about your coon troubles, Hans. Here's a test shot of this set up after dark. This is SOOC.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:16 PM   #4

Good luck, looks like maybe a little wider lens would be better

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:31 AM   #5

I'm surprised you need to sneak up on them. When I went to get the feeders they like around our house on Friday i walked to within 15 feet of the guy and even then he walked 3 feet or so into the shrub. I used to play games with them, sitting with a hose waiting for them to come out. A 22 would take care of them but my wife would never forgive me. Good luck on your 'stakeout'

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:27 AM   #6

Nice setup for lighting, it will be interesting to see what you get with them. I like pictures of them and think they are cute, but hope they don't hang around my place. I once was canoe camping and spent a very long night trying to keep them out of our food supply. They are not my favorite animal, cute as they are
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote