Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:36 PM   #1
Default A few quick snapshots

Iíve been very busy lately, so I havenít posted any comments or photos on this forum for a while. I havenít had time to do any ďseriousĒ photography (not that my serious stuff is any good), but I thought Iíd share a few random snaps from the past several weeks.

1) In late December I drove through a section of Maine quite close to our cottage on a pond, so I decided to stop by to check the place out. I was pleased to find everything in good order, but it looks dramatically different from the way it is when we enjoy weekends in the summer. Itís hard to imagine from this scene that in summer we relax in Adirondack chairs, watching loons swim by, and enjoy the joyful shrieks of kids swimming and splashing around.

2) A couple of weeks ago, after a fresh snowfall, I was taken with the last rays of sunlight and how they played on the steps to our deck. Iím not sure the photo works very well, but I still like the photo.

3) Our daughter returned to college a couple of weeks ago, and I took a day off just before she left so we could spend the day together. Our community is very fortunate to have a 2000 acre preserved natural area. Eight years ago our son built the kiosk at the trailhead as part of his Eagle Scout requirements. Every time I pass by the kiosk, I still feel a bit of pride.

4) About an hour and a half after heading up the trailhead, we arrived at the top of Wrights Mountain. The weather was less than perfect, and youíll just have to take my word for it when I say that in better conditions there is a very beautiful view from this lookout point. Even without the nice view, my daughter and I had a great day.
Attached Images
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:58 PM   #2

Thanks for these very fine glimpses into your (northern) world. I will politely disagree with this statement:

Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
(not that my serious stuff is any good).
Wonderful light and very interesting perspective on #1, agree that the sun in #2 makes for a fine pattern. And you are justifiably proud of both son & daughter!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote