Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:44 AM   #1
Default Blinds, lines n wine

I've been playing around with some tabletop photography lately and shot this the other morning. Would like some feedback on the image, both positive and negative. Thanks.
Attached Images
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:39 PM   #2

This is an area of photography that I struggle with, but I like your shot. It's interesting to me. But I'm not so sure of it, it may have too many interesting elements to be a really successful picture, perhaps? I'd be interested in what others think of it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:50 AM   #3
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Interesting concept. However, I'm finding it difficult to decide if I should look at the glass, it's contents, the star burst, the blinds or the shaddows on the table. I think it may be a better composition if the essence of the image is limited to one or two elements.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:24 AM   #4

This is an area of photography I have not toyed with. Just looking at the image for what it is I like it.

I find the glare in the base and the string holes distracting, I hope you don't mind but I played with it a little.

Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:02 PM   #5

Very interesting use of light and of lines. I think I like Hans' edit even better than the original - for its simplicity. But there are still string holes in the refracted image inside the glass - wonder if those could be edited out too??
mole is offline   Reply With Quote