Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:45 PM   #11

I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband Dan. Through reading your threads and posts over the years, I knew you had a very close relationship.

I remember you saying that he was a Manitoban and you had visited his home province. My sympathies to you and your family over your loss.

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:26 PM   #12

Thanks, Les. He was born in Flin Flon and a few of his family may still live near Winnipeg. His immediate family moved to B.C. quite a few years ago, where they are now. One of our early trips when we had returned to the States was to drive from Winnipeg over Hwy 16 halfway across B.C. It was a good trip, I was happy to see so much of Canada since my previous trips were all to Ontario. He enjoyed me reading your posts when you would talk about your area, though he had no desire to move back north permanently.

Tom, I've been always grateful to you and the others that were here when I bought my first dSLR. You all taught me so much, which has given me so many hours of pleasure. Can't ask for more than that.

Last edited by mtngal; Mar 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:03 AM   #13

Condolences on your loss for your life partner. Your photo of him is quite touching.

Coincidentally, on the same day I saw your post, there had been a keynote speaker here whose presentation introduction included a colorful drawing of the Santa Monica pier, an iconic symbol for that area. I was born close by, at Saint Johns Hospital, many decades ago.

Last edited by MacBook; Mar 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote