Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:31 PM   #1

Default I am so excited..

Well..it's about something that only you people here would understand..lol..if I told my friends or some of my family,they would just say.."Umm..that's nice,Lisa"..and wonder what all my excitement is about..So what makes me happy today?...I was playing around in my editing program (Photofiltre) and found something that saves a lot of my pictures I was going to throw out.
Gamma Correct!..Now I don't do alot of post processing..just maybe some sharpening and contrast adjusting but this little tweeker is going to make me go back and fix alot of photos.Then I am going to read up on it and see what it is..
Here are some I was going to delete(some are really cropped!)..not the greatest or the sharpest but now I know I can save some of my future photos..Thankyou for listening and maybe understanding...
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:04 PM   #2

Lisa I can't tell you what all it is but I also use it in Photoshop. I do like your owl shots.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:30 PM   #3

Thanks,Lou...I read some but too tekkie for me.This makes editing a whole new ballgame for me..when I retire I will have the time to try the better editing programs
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:45 AM   #4

I also like your owl shots, I have only seen a few in my life, I was intrigued with the subject of your post. I use PS Elements and tried to find some info on Gamma. All the info I found talked about changing the mid light level slider in the exposure adjustment layers. There are several ways that can be done in PS. I can see how you would be interested in that type of adjustment looking at the extreme exposure changes of the images you posted. Looks like your software did a nice job on it.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:06 PM   #5

Lisa - So glad you have found a way to salvage some very fine shots.

Hans - Perhaps the equivalent in PSE is Enhance ==> Adjust Color ==> Remove Color Cast (?)

Lisa - if you're looking to learn a more robust editing program, but don't want to spend any cash, try looking into GIMP. A bit of a learning curve, but can do really fine work on adjusting photos...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:15 PM   #6

Thanks,Mole..I had the chance to try PhotoShop and Gimp a few years back and it's not so much the cost for PS..it was the learning curve..lol..I was always in too much of a hurry..now with retirement looming I am seriously going to take the time and tackle that curve..Just this small tweak I found in this little editing program really opened my eyes of what can be accomplished with a little patience.