Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:17 AM   #1

Default Last Curtain Call for me and Pentax

This is possible the last post I'm going to make here in the Pentax forum because I started selling my Pentax stuff.

I've been using Pentax now since 2006 and have always been happy with it, still am, but sometimes you've got to change.

For those interested I turned EVIL and now I'm getting the hang of my fuji x-e1, with only two lenses 18-55 and a 55-200.

And I'm not going to start here explaining all the reasons why I'm changing, in a lot of ways the k5 is superior to the fuji but this is also true the other way around, in the end it just feels right for me.

So without further ado

The fist one is with k5 with a tamron 17-50
The rest k5 with sigma 100-300 f4 ex

Any c&c always welcome

Cheers

Ronny
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:32 AM   #2

I too just purchased a Fujifilm X-E1 with the 18-55mm zoom. Like the camera so far but plan to use both this and my K5. Still need something for those BIF's. I did sell my Prime lenses for the Pentax to help with the purchase, all but the DA* 300mm F4.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:42 AM   #3

Give us a hint as to where you will be posting. I like your shots especially the dragon fly in flight. I understand the change to mirror-less I went with the Q and am looking at micro 4/3. I have grand kids in sports and the finder is still a requirement for me. I prefer to carry smaller cameras when I travel so my DSLR use is reducing.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooked View Post
I too just purchased a Fujifilm X-E1 with the 18-55mm zoom. Like the camera so far but plan to use both this and my K5. Still need something for those BIF's. I did sell my Prime lenses for the Pentax to help with the purchase, all but the DA* 300mm F4.

Ed
I'm sure you'll enjoy the new camera as much as I do,
hope to see some shots soon.

Cheers

Ronny
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
Give us a hint as to where you will be posting. I like your shots especially the dragon fly in flight. I understand the change to mirror-less I went with the Q and am looking at micro 4/3. I have grand kids in sports and the finder is still a requirement for me. I prefer to carry smaller cameras when I travel so my DSLR use is reducing.

Hans
Thanks Hans, I'm just posting in the fuji x part of this site, although it's not moving, and in the 'Post your foto's' section.

I don't know if I'm going to miss the finder and faster af, but then I just can't see myself following two brands.

Cheers

Ronny
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:36 PM   #6

Ronny - Some truly lovely photos for your "curtain call" with Pentax! You will have equally fine images with the new camera. After all, a camera is just a tool, it's your talented eyes that yield the results... Of course, will miss seeing your great shots here, but will try to remember to peek at the Fuji X section of the site from time to time.

And best wishes for a successful, lucrative sale of your Pentax equipment.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Thanks Hans, I'm just posting in the fuji x part of this site, although it's not moving, and in the 'Post your foto's' section.

I don't know if I'm going to miss the finder and faster af, but then I just can't see myself following two brands.

Cheers

Ronny
I've generally had two or more brands on the go since the 70's, Back in the film days I used Leica rangefinder (used), Pentax SLR and Mamiya medium format.

Today my digital equipment is Pentax and Canon.

As they say in the UK...different horses for different courses.

But good luck with your change and all the best.

But on the other hand, why don't you still hang around the Pentax forum...even if you don't have Pentax equipment.

I believe other former Pentax people do and I've always felt everyone is welcome.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post

Cheers

Ronny
I am currently using a Canon S100 for carrying around and my Q for playing (I adapt my K mount lenses to my Q). I see that you can get a Pentax K to Fuji X lens adapter if you keep any of your old lenses.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:21 PM   #9

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
But on the other hand, why don't you still hang around the Pentax forum...even if you don't have Pentax equipment.

I believe other former Pentax people do and I've always felt everyone is welcome.

Les
Ronny,

I am using Nikon for my DSLR and Canon for my P&S...and I still loiter around this Pentax forum. The fellowship is the best!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:39 PM   #10

Great photos and I hope you enjoy your new system