Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:23 PM   #11

I am also finding the K-3 to be an awesome camera. Spending much less time post possessing RAW file than I did with the K-5/K-5ii combo I was suing before. Imges come out much close to what I need and sometimes on the rear LCD screen the colors look off but when they come up in lightroom 4 onmy laptop they look spot on for the most part. To me the K-3 is a good upgrade. I dont have nearly the lenses mntgal has but the two primary lenses I use (both Sigma) do the job and do it well. Have yet to try it with my Pentax 50mm 1.4

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:43 PM   #12

Been playing around with 2 more of my lenses. The 10-15 works well (no surprise) and seems to meter better than with the K5, where it tended to overexpose more than any other lenses on that camera.

It looks like I'll have to adjust the 12-24. It has needed adjustment on all of my other cameras so I'm not entirely surprised. It looked fairly close at short distances, but the further away from my subject, the more it front-focused (what it always does). But if that's the only one that seems to be not quite focusing right, then I'll count myself way ahead of the game.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:04 PM   #13

Looks like an excellent camera in some very talented hands! Of course the K-3 is a fine piece of equipment, but, more important, it does a great job showcasing your talents. Also good news to hear that almost all your lenses are "playing nicely" with the new camera body.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote