Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:49 AM   #11

Great series mole, for me its the 3rd shot, really like the perspective and framing

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:33 AM   #12

An interesting series, especially the ones comparing lenses/composition. All are lovely pictures, beautifully shot. There's about 4 that I really love, I can't choose a favorite between them as I find they each offer something different.

As far as your same scene shot with different lenses - my personal opinion is that the one taken with the 50mm lens is the weakest of the series. I'm having a tough time explaining why - I can't quite get my head around the right words to explain what I think. First I noticed that you framed them slightly differently, with the 35 being landscape while the others are vertical. While there isn't a huge amount of difference between the 21 and 28, you made slight changes in framing which made both shots very effective - you were choosing the framing to compliment the lens' capabilities. Same with the 35, the landscape really works well there. I don't feel you took the same advantage of the 50 picture, I'm not as crazy with the framing/composition of that one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:58 PM   #13

G'day Mole

Hey mate - you've done it again ... made me very envious of you & your home-on-the-range

From the hot 'n dusty land downunder where Christmases are never snowy, have a great one yourself

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:21 PM   #14

Lisa - Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the photos and the words...

Photo 5 - So glad you enjoyed the scenes...

D/D - You are correct! I am blessed to live a great location, and to have such a great job!

Hans - Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Harriet - Thanks so much for the detailed critique. I find the FA 50 a great macro lens, but am still working to learn how to use it in landscapes... Will continue practicing...

Phil - Hope you & yours had a great (if dry and dusty) Christmas!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote