Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:10 PM   #11

Thanks John,

I don't know if I would go that far to say the Oly E-3 is hopelessly out of date, maybe out of date. It takes great photos and for what I do I really do not need all the bells and whistles. On the other hand, my E-3 is near mint with less than 3,000 clicks on the shutter. I did have a micro 4/3 in the form of the Oly E-PL2 but found that it was just too small for my hands so I sold the entire rig and bought the E-3 and a couple of really good Oly lenses; the 35mm macro and the 14-54 non SWD lens.

Originally Posted by jelow1966 View Post
The 50-200 is indeed a great lens but the reason it is so cheap is that the E series is a dead system so while the price is good now in the long term unless you want to switch to micro 4/3rds w/adapter you are left with great glass on a hopelessly out of date camera. Judging by the amount of used Oly glass on the market right now I'd say most people have decided to jump ship.

Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote