Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:56 AM   #11

Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
Sure, I know it GETS colder than 50, but my comment was still regarding her idea of cold versus our idea of cold. Texas gets snow on occasion, but I also bet they are bundled up at 50 when I would still be wearing shorts.

It will start warming up in April...the winter clothes will start to go away once the temps consistently stay in the 50's during the day. lol
You're right, cold is all relative. For example, I live in the coldest city in the world...with a population over 600,000. It's known colloquially as 'Winterpeg'.

Right now , last time I checked (this am) it was -27 C.

Ford has a big facility in my province to do their cold weather testing on their vehicles. If a vehicle can survive a winter here...it can survive anywhere.

But frankly, I find sometimes incessant cold periods (weeks) of -25 to -35 C get's to be too much. Even dressed for it it's still too cold at times.

At these times I would rather be in Arizona, during the winter.

But our summers are hot and our spring and fall are beautiful, albeit short.

Last edited by lesmore49; Feb 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:15 AM   #12

I escape winter after Christmas, rent a small condo in Florida, This practice has prevented me from getting a DA*300 or a K3 so I suffer with my K30 and DAL 55-300 but shooting in warm weather.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:17 PM   #13

I was so busy fighting mother naure for the last 8 hours that I could only take some images from my cell phone

Compared with lesmore's locale Toronto has really balmy weather

Last edited by danielchtong; Feb 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM.
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:22 PM   #14

Originally Posted by danielchtong View Post
Thanks for sharing. You did well given the circumstance. I was so busy fighting with mother naure for last 8 hours that I could take some images from my cell phone

I feel your pain. We got 8.5 inches the last 24 hours! lol
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:28 PM   #15

Can both of you please send half of that snow out west? Please? I'd rather take these pictures than water/fire retardant dropping helicopters working in the summer, and I'm sure you would LOVE to get rid of it!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote