Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:31 PM   #1
Default 5 Best of the Year

I know that I posted the challenge for this month as best of 2014...but I started to go through mine and it's crazy hard to make a choice. Maybe to help narrow it down a bit, I thought it would be fun to post the your best 5 and a little bit about each one in no particular order. Then maybe you can find a favorite amongst those for the challenge thread!

I'll be posting my 5 in a bit!
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:16 PM   #2

Flowers at the Toledo Botanical Garden. I just love the way this one came out.
Untitled by CCampbell2, on Flickr

Sunset at a car show in Arizona.

From a wedding I shot for family this year.

Some transient young people that seem happier than most people I know. I can only imagine some of the things they've done and seen.
We got all we need... by CCampbell2, on Flickr

Landscape showing Coffeepot Rock and other notable rock formations in Sedona, AZ.
sumx4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:54 AM   #3

Picking 5 is a neat idea but 5 times harder so here are my picks from this year

Watching Pelicans diving I got this during a takeoff of the pelican grabbing air with my Q7 and 06 lens (70-200 equiv) from Naples Pier Florida
IMGP0648 by hnikesch, on Flickr

Also from Florida with my K30 with 55-300 on a nature walk also in Naples got quite a few birds on this walk but this was my favorite shot
IMGP4098 by hnikesch, on Flickr

During a sailboat race (I crew on a friends boat) this spring with the finish into the sunset I had time to get in a shot as the wind was dying down
IMG_8149-2 by hnikesch, on Flickr

In Mykonos Greece during our European vacation this fall, got many memorable shots but I kind of like this one maybe it’s the sailboat thing.
IMG_4777 by hnikesch, on Flickr
At dinner the other day I saw this out the restaurant window and just had to go out and get this shot before dinner was served
20141026-IMG_5489 by hnikesch, on Flickr

Even picking 5 is a challenge, I had to cheat not all the images were shot with my Pentax gear. I can’t handle a DSLR during racing I need something sacrificial and one handed. And dinner in a nice restaurant just doesn’t feel right with a big camera on the table so I bring a small P&S.

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:39 AM   #4

IMGP0258 by dparsonbbc, on Flickr

IMGP0059 by dparsonbbc, on Flickr

IMGP0070 by dparsonbbc, on Flickr

IMGP0293 by dparsonbbc, on Flickr

IMGP0018 by dparsonbbc, on Flickr
Pentax K3 ii and Pentax K-1
Various Lens

Last edited by Pastorbbc; Dec 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM.
Pastorbbc is offline   Reply With Quote