Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:45 AM   #1
Default Pentax K-3ii Isues

Just a quick heads-up. I traded in 2 of my 3 Pentax K-3s to a very large photo company (one of the big ones in NYC) for a new Pentax K-3ii less $75. Said they really wanted them when I asked about trade or possible price to sell them to thm. One has 121k and the other 52k frames They shipped me a Pentax K-3ii and it was defective in multi ways (power would not turn off unless I opened the battery door or removed the battery and none of the set-up items in the set-up menu like date and time I set would hold and it could not find any 64GB or 128GB cards I put in it only the 32GB so the had me send it back. Sent me a second one which was defective as well (power would not shut off unless I opened battery door or removed battery, this would would hold items I set in the set-up menu). Different serial number I made sure this was not the same one as before Will be ending this one back for a third one tomorrow. Hopefully the one is ok.

Hopefully no one else has had similar experiences. Can't wait to use it. Love my K-3 and been hearing the AF on the K-3ii is so much better. With my current work at a zoo shooting flying birds and other animals around my full time job this should be very handy, never really have issues with my K-3 - I'll miss some frames of birds in flight but sill get the shots I need when I do a 15 to 20 shot burst. I also have a major photo trip in mid July I'd love to use it on.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:01 AM   #2

Hopefully, the third time will be the charm. Good luck with the flying birds. I always have trouble with those.
Always use tasteful words - you may have to eat them.
You cannot find knowledge by rearranging your ignorance.

My Flickr

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:19 PM   #3

WOW good luck with the 3rd one

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote