Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:29 PM   #1
Default DAZ, You Won the Challenge

Get us started for August.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:04 PM   #2

1st off I’d like to thank you all for voting me the winner of last month’s challenge.

Secondly I like to apologize for being so late in posting this month’s challenge. Let me explain why I was so late this month. Some of you may know but I suspect that most of you don’t know, at the beginning of this month a typhoon hit the island of Saipan. This was a relatively devastating event for this small island. As part of my job I respond to such disasters. Unfortunately for the timing of last month’s challenge when it was time to vote I was already traveling toward Saipan. Not only was I extremely busy from this point on but in Saipan communications was extremely limited. It was not until my return that I had an opportunity to check my email and see that you had all graciously voted me the winner of last month’s challenge.

Again I apologize for being late but I hope that you will find this month’s challenge fun and challenging even with the limited time available.

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:30 PM   #3

Wow! That must have been an impressive trip, though not one for a tourist. Glad you are home safely, and hope that you could help out.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:39 PM   #4

Indeed glad to hear that you are OK, and that you were able to assist others. And congratulations on a well-deserved win!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote