Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:39 PM   #11

I have been playing around an e mount adapter (for K mount lens and a Sony Alpha 7) mainly for its being a full frame body. It is not quite the real thing.
I probably go for K1 when it is available in 1-2 months

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:57 PM   #12

FA135mm at F:2.8.
I can't wait to see how it does under K1

full size http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/imag...70870/original

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:14 AM   #13

The K1 is way out of my price range but maybe it will drive the price down on my target the Ks2

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:45 AM   #14

Now I have had the opportunity to squeeze and hug a K-1, exhibited at the Hässleholm Nature Photo Festival. A great (in all senses) festival held in my tiny home town. The exhibitor, the agent for the Nordic countries, claimed it was the only specimen in Scandinavia right now.

Since I have been doing my homework, my only remaining concern was the viewfinder. In my K5 I have replaced the original matte screen with a Canon ee-s screen, which makes it possible to focus very fast lenses manually. But the screen in the K-1 cannot be replaced, so I had some doubts wether the K-1 would be for me and my beloved manual lenses. To check this out I brought my A* 85mm f1.4. And it was fully satisfactory! So now I have one on preorder.

How did it feel? Well, definitely larger and heavier than the K5. But I was prepared for that, so even if I like the smallness of Pentax cameras, I wasn't disappointed. Handling? If you have a Pentax K7, K5 or k3 camera you are already at home. What's new, like the third thumb wheel, is quickly learnt.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:10 AM   #15

I'm jealous for you having handled one! But I guess I'll have one of my own soon enough. I believe this will spur me into doing more photos since I have retired. So far I've seen nothing to make me regret ordering.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:06 PM   #16

Hi all, l may not be comparing apples with apples, but US$1799 sounds good compared to A$2899 here in Oz!
Looking forward to seeing some pics Big Dawg.
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Hi all, l may not be comparing apples with apples, but US$1799 sounds good compared to A$2899 here in Oz!
Looking forward to seeing some pics Big Dawg.
Simon
Thanks Simon. I'm retired now so I got the photo bug again and am really looking forward to landscapes with the K1.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:28 PM   #18

Default K-1

I have not updated past the K5 and was waiting for the K-1 to see how it will work for me. I still have all my A* and FA* lenses that I am planning on using on the K-1 if I actually get it. I have a FX Nikon system and the choice now is to update it, or go with the K-1, which for me will depend on how fast the AF is with the new Pentax.
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:26 AM   #19

After studying the specs I determined it really wasn't for me or my needs. It was not the price but the total specs. For some it might be the perfect camera and for others like me its just not. The K-3/K-3ii are better situated to how I shoot. When I first saw the specs of the K-1 I was a little let down ans although some specs looked nice its not really an action camera which is what I need. I do like the focus system but not shoot 6+ fps is a major let down for what I do. I find for zoo work the ASP-C sensor helps a lot (with a 70-200 and sometimes a 1.4x added) as does the higher fps in order to get those shots of birds in flight etc. I photograph flying bird shows and need to get multi shots of a bird in its path of flight and shoot at 7fps allows me to do that.

I will be waiting to see what Pentax's K-3ii replacement looks like before I get another camera not sure how soon they will have a replacement (if my cameras last that long each of the 2 I have, have over 130k frames on them)

Photo 5 (David Stemple)
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
So I've got the money. And then this shows up. A small evil midget sits on my shoulder whispering right in my ear: "You can buy it, you can buy it. Do it today!" I think I can hold my horses till the first user reviews comes up, but probably there will be one in my possession before the summer ends.

Kjell

Hejsan Kjell! Here in Finland, the K-1 is set to arrive mid-May... they say that that is a tentative date [SIGH]. There is one store that is selling is for 1999 euros, all the others (which is absolutely FEW) will sell it for 2199 euros. What are the prices there in Sweden? Many thanks and all the best. Har det så bra! Ned Brockwell
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote