Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:36 PM   #1
Default Help needed - attaching to Harrier Spotting Scope

I'm new to this forum! Hello! I need your help with a problem.

I want to attach my Pentax K20D to a Harrier 15x-60x 60mm telescope / spotting scope. Pictures attached. The scope appears to have a T mount thread (+ a larger thread on it). For my camera, I have a Pentax to M42 mount adaptor that I've used on many an occasion with my older M42 lenses.

I assume I need something similar to an extension tube to attach the telescope to the camera? Is there a particular length of adaptor / tube I need? Obviously I want to be able to focus to infinity in order to take photos of the moon (my aim). Note that the whole eyepiece can screw in and out by about 3 turns.

Thankyou for any advice,

Attached Images
jedimasterseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:11 AM   #2

Hi, Welcome to Steves.

You may get suggestions, on the Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy section which is more applicable for what you want to do, you will need patience though it's not a very active board, reading through older post there may give you some pointers. ... Jack

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:24 AM   #3

I am only guessing here, but it looks like you would remove the eyepiece and the adapter it screws in to, in order to use the T-mount. And, of course, you would need a T-mount to Pentax K adapter.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote